UEENEEC005B Estimate electrotechnology projects
ELECTRICAL CONSTRUCTION ESTIMATING AND TENDERING (Domestic and Commercial/Light Industrial)
This is an accredited course. As a Participant you will learn how to FAST TRACK with ACCURACY your Electrical Estimating on your REAL TIME quotes for critical jobs and tenders with the benefit of having direct assistance in the processes involved.
Who should attend?
- Electricians with at least 2 years’ experience in domestic or small commercial electrical installations.
- Electricians with some estimating experience, such as at foreman or supervisor
- Electricians who are interested in starting a contracting business or who wish to enhance their estimating skills.
- Small Electrical Contractors and Medium Electrical Business Owners or have an Electrical Estimator to improve their electrical estimating skills and knowledge.
Day 1: Introduction to Electrical Estimating Process (8 hours)
The Introduction to Electrical Construction Estimating Process deals with the essential components of estimating and is designed to give the participants an introduction to the following:
- Preparation of a quotation from plans and specifications
- Quantity take-offs
- Material and Labour pricing
- Costing the job
- Tender Breakdown of costs
- Tender submission letter
- Life cycle costing analysis
- Documenting estimations and costing.
- Evaluating estimates and costs
As a participant you will do practical work which includes pricing the electrical installation of a domestic installation and preparing the documentation for a tender submission.
Day 2: Electrical Estimating Commercial Project (8 hours)
This session will consist of a more detailed continuation of Day 1 and essentially will be the preparation of a tender submission for a medium sized commercial/light industrial installation; complete a quotation and tender letter using the electrical estimating software with review and completion of the tender will include the following elements:
- Purpose and sources of a tender
- Documents supplied with a tender
- Typical special conditions included in a tender
- Tender submission requirements
- Ascertain Extent of the Project and Tender Requirements
- Estimate Project and Assemble Tender Submission
- Document and Submit Tender
Electrical Construction Estimating and Tendering Training Course Requirements
Essential electrical estimating tools are:
- Laptop Computer to accept Microsoft Word and Excel programs
- Scale Ruler with common scales of 1:100; 1:200; 1:500 etc
- Metric Scale Map measuring wheel for measuring lengths of cables, cable ladder/tray, conduit etc. (Electrogroup to supply for class use only)
- Highlight pens of various colours.
- Pencils and eraser
- Black or blue pen
- Standard Calculator
- AS/NZS3000 Wiring Rules
- AS/NZS3008 Electrical installations – Selection of cables
- Access to Internet for sending and receiving emails and use File Sharing Software such as DropBox.
Included in this course for use during training:
FREE Access to PDF Screen Take-off Software and measuring wheel for manual take-offs.
FREE Access to Electrical Estimating Software.
Students will also need to complete an assignment before attending college.
Duration: 2 Days; 7.00am to 4.00pm
Course Dates: Thurs Fri 23 & 24 Aug
Location: Electrogroup, 9 Railway Terrace, Rocklea, Brisbane QLD 4106
Registration: Complete enrolment form
Cost: $690 AUD – (GST inc.) – Payable by debit or credit card upon registration
Students will receive a ‘Certificate of Attainment’ after successful completion of this course
Sign up now: