WHSQHSRNCB01- Health and Safety Representative Training Course
(5 day course)
This course will provide participants with information and skills that will assist HSRs to carry out their role and functions under the WHS legislation including:
- an understanding of the work health and safety (WHS) legislation
- an understanding of how it applies to their role as elected HSRs and deputy HSRs; and
- the knowledge and skills necessary to use their additional powers under the WHS legislation to issue PINs and direct that unsafe work cease.
The course is intended to assist HSRs in understanding their roles and functions and how the WHS legislation will influence health and safety outcomes in their workplace. The course aims to provide participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to fulfil their role as HSRs.
Course learning outcomes
The aims of this course are to provide HSRs with information and skills relating to:
- WHS legislative framework
- the role and functions of WHSQ and their interaction with HSRs
- duties and responsibilities of PCBUs, officers, workers and other parties under the legislation
- the nature of the consultation process with workers as required of the primary PCBU by the WHS Act
- the purpose and formation of a workgroup (or workgroups) within the workplace
- election process for HSRs/Deputy HSRs and disqualification provisions
- Health and Safety Committees (HSCs)
- the entitlements, rights and protections of an elected HSR/Deputy HSR
- using negotiation, communication and problem-solving skills and strategies as a HSR to represent a work group and to resolve work health and safety issues
- risk management and the use of risk controls, including the duties and responsibilities of various PCBUs under the legislation
- how HSRs can use their functions and powers to contribute to risk management activities in the workplace
- PINs and the right to cease, or direct the cessation of, unsafe work.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Provide 100 points of ID
- Must attend all 5 days
- Must be HSRs or deputy HSRs elected under the WHS Act.
Please refer to Section 72 of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (Commonwealth) for PCBU’s obligations to train HSRs. Electrogroup Training Queensland is a QLD Government approved training provider
Persons eligible for WHSQ HSR Training are HSRs or deputy HSRs elected under the WHS Act.
5 days on Campus
Please click on the link below for available course dates
$510– If you are Eligible for CSQ Funding (while available)
$750 Full Fee – If you are NOT Eligible for Funding
Fee is calculated through a Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) funded subsidy of $240. Conditions apply to eligible applicants. Go to http://www.csq.org.au/search/courses?id=49&v=72 for more information on eligibility requirements
Sign up now
**The cut off for this course is 8 business days prior to course commencement. All completed enrolment forms must be emailed through Training@electrogroup.com.au no later than 8 working days prior to course commencement.
Participants will receive a Workplace Health and Safety Queensland, Health and Safety Representative Training Course certificate. This certificate is issued by Electrogroup Training Qld RTO # 30185 as a Queensland Government approved training provider.